Monday, July 16, 2012

Croissant and Cheese Please!


It has been quite a while since I posted and in that time my family and I have been to Paris and a couple of small towns in the south of France. Right now, it's 630 in the morning in Bourdeaux. We're about to leave for Barcelona! Traveling on a tour with a huge group and coach bus has been ...interesting. Most of my fellow travelers are Aussies.
Paris while extremely beautiful was not exactly what I was expecting. Even though its summer we where getting Seattle like weather aka extremely bipolar. The first night there we saw a cabaret show. It was a good show but really awkward for my poor 14 year old brother. My favorite part of Paris was the Louvre. I loved all the galleries. Trying to get close to the Mona Lisa was a hoot. So many people for such a tiny painting. We also went to Versailles. I cannot even imagine calling that place home. No wonder there was a revolution. With that much opulence of course the poor resented the monarchy.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Bourdeaux

No comments:

Post a Comment