Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Volare! Cantare! Oh ohohhhh

Since my last post we have been to Sorrento, Rome, Athens, San Marino, and Venice. This tour is definitely jam packed and tightly scheduled.
Rome was beautiful. Getting to stand inside the Coliseum felt very surreal. All in all, Rome was amazing. Well with the exception of my Dad almost beIng pick pocketed on the subway.
While my overall conception of Athens has changed, Greece as a whole did fulfill some expectations. Driving into Athens, I instantly noticed that there was graffiti everywhere. Completely different from the pristine Greco style architecture I had imagined there would be. It seemed like every building was tagged with some sort of message. The Acropolis, however, was amazing. When I was younger I nerded out on Greek mythology, so getting to see the famous temples was really exciting. Of all the cities we have been to on this trip, my favorite by far has been Venice. My first time in the city was at night. I remember being just in awe. Even when I got out of the boat and into the actual city, I felt the city was rocking ever so slightly. Out of all the cities in Europe, Venice probably met my expectations the most.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Via Romea,,Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment